Friday, September 16, 2011

S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D

Looking back at my last post, I'm intrigued at how happy I sound. My stress has been at an all-time high since school started. Balancing two jobs, school, and free time has felt near impossible. Last weekend, I woke up Saturday morning in high spirits, thinking I had the weekend to myself. But as luck would have it, my boss left a message on my phone the day before saying he was in a bind and wanted to know if I would come in to work Saturday. So of course I said yes, and it wasn't too bad.

And speaking of work, it's been tough getting used to going to work every day after school at the law office. After school, I just want to go home and relax...so it kinda sucks knowing I can't relax quite yet. I'm liking that job more and more though. I'm feeling more confident with my tasks, especially answering phones (which I was dreading). Although I feel more confident with the phones, I'm still not completely comfortable with it yet. I seem to have this problem where I get real down on myself. Even though I know I'm doing a good job, I just don't feel like I am. I'm not sure if my low-self esteem is causing it or not, but it definitely isn't helping.

Like I said, my stress has been at an all-time high. I'm slacking on my homework already, even though I've only been back to school for two weeks. I'm not turning in anything late, but I've been procrastinating and not starting things as early as I should. I had a little mini break down during study hall the other day. It lead to me talking to the school psychologist to see what could be done about my situation. She gave me some good tips - like making sure I stay healthy, since stress can cause you to ignore how your body is doing. I've constantly been feeling stressed, no matter what I'm doing or how I'm feeling. The feeling of stress is always there. She told me exercise can help get rid of that feeling, since it's caused by pent-up energy that needs to be released. And most importantly, I need to find some time to myself. So I called in and told my boss at the kitchen that I can't work there until I have stuff figured out. And that made me a lot better knowing I would have the weekend all to myself, especially since I would have been working a wedding and those are the worst. The horrible part about that is...I got sick yesterday. So I was feeling icky at school and work yesterday, and I had to stay home all day today. So I won't be able to take advantage of my weekend how I would like to. Instead of seeing my boyfriend or going shopping, I'm stuck home to recuperate.

On a better note, I got a new phone last weekend. The LG Optimus V. It's amazing and I love it. I bought it with my own money, which makes me proud. And the monthly plan is even cheaper than what I have now with my crappy Razor!

And finally, an update on my Toothless. His progress is very slow, since I've obviously been so busy. His head/body/tail are complete, as they are all one piece. Also I've made his eight fins and sewn them on. And today I managed to finish his legs, although they aren't stuffed or sewn on yet. I'm planning on finishing him this weekend. All that's left to do is attach the legs and make the six wings and sew them on, too. Here's how he looks right now:


He looks like a worm right now, with fancy facial embellishments. And my mom mentioned when he has legs, he'll look like a dragon. And when his wings are attached he'll finally look like Toothless, the Night Fury!

I've also managed to finish a flower done mostly at school. It looks way too much like a brain for my liking, a different color choice would have fixed that. I got the pattern from here and I must honestly say that I hated crocheting it. It was monotonous and boring and it took way longer than I expected. Although I must say it was a good project to work on at school since the stitches were the same the whole way through making the "petals" so I didn't need to carry the pattern around with me and look at it constantly.

Some other small projects I've done recently include a pink flower for a coworker's friend, and a kraken applique for an art project. Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment