So cute, right? Well I really wanted one, but for some strange reason I never got around to purchasing one. And over time I kept seeing more cute crocheted things on Shanalogic like a pig, apple, cup, and jellyfish! They were a little pricey for me at the time. Factor in my laziness and I guess that's probably why I never bought any of them! It doesn't help that they kept selling out so quickly (but they're all so cute, it's not surprising!)
Early this year, I was at the store Michael's with my friends at the time. One of them was looking around at yarn, I believe she was getting into knitting but I'm not really sure. I came across this book Super Super Cute Crochet by Brigitte Read. I flipped through it, and was amazed by all the cute animals and well done pictures! The one that stuck in my mind the most was the cube cow! I kind of wanted it, but then I figured that I should put it back, I mean c'mon, I can't crochet!
A little later, I was on Shanalogic again, looking at the crocheted goodies, when it dawned on me...I'm always wanting these little critters, but they sell out so quicky (yada yada yada)...why don't I make them myself!? This was quite a revelation. I made it my mission to go back to Michael's and get that darn crochet book. (In the meanwhile, I couldn't remember if the book was on knitting or crocheting, so my grandma tried to teach me to knit to get me started because she's really good at it. As for me...total fail!) Anywho, I got the book, which is it's own little epic tale (basically I couldn't remember the name or author of the book, just vaguely what it looked like. I looked everywhere around the store but couldn't find it. I was sadly getting ready to head home thinking I'd never see that book again, when lo and behold! Here it is on a shelf in the front of the store! Bingo!)
I digress, I got the book. And I fell in love. My grandma and I made the manta ray together and...I was hooked.
No pun intended.
No comments:
Post a Comment